About Tyler Maxson Racing
Name: Tyler Maxson
Date of Birth: 10/13/2004
Residence: Georgia, USA
Education: 9th grade, Honor Roll
Favorite Subjects: Math, Science, Computer Science
Interests: Exercise, Computers, Gaming, Flight Simulation
"I strive to be better and work hard both on and off the track," explains Tyler Maxson. "I have a lot to be thankful for and look forward to the challenges that lie ahead. It is going to be tough, but I will take all challenges head on and work my hardest to be the best."
Beginning karting at age of six and often seen competing at the front of the field in North America, the ultra-fast and aggressive Georgia resident took on drivers from around the world in Europe late in 2018. While continuing to compete at several high-profile events in North America, Tyler Maxson joined the CRG Racing program as a CRG Factory Driver. Crisscrossing his way around the globe, the multi-time champion took on karting’s best as he built the foundation for his climb up the motorsports ladder.
At fifteen years of age, Maxson has entered a whole new world of motorsports. Fast forward to 2019, Tyler Maxson, not legal to drive on the streets of North America yet, became the TC America TCA Champion and Rookie of the Year. His success put him in the record books in becoming the youngest race winner, champion and rookie of the year in series history.
As the youngest driver in the series, Maxson competed with the potent Copeland Motorsports squad for his rookie campaign. Looking to continue the success in 2020, the Georgia resident has levelled up in classes and will compete in the premier TC America division of TCR. Piloting a Hyundai Veloster N, Maxson will double up on race series in the upcoming season and will also compete in the Battery Tender Global MX5 Cup Challenge Presented by BF Goodrich in his Mazda MX-5.
Working hard to make racing part of his future career, Tyler continues to keep up on his school studies maintaining his honor roll status. Focusing on his favorite subjects of math and science, the 2016 Superkarts! USA Pro Tour champion also enjoys fitness and flight simulation to help keep his senses sharp for on track competition.
- TCA Champion and Rookie of the Year
- Two time race winner
- Podium result in opening round of the 2019 TC America Series
- Competed in the highest level of karting in North America and Europe
- Multi-time National race winner in the junior classes of karting
- Began to make the transition from karts to cars
- Signed as a factory driver for CRG North America
- Multi-time National winner in junior classes for sanctioning bodies WKA, SKUSA & ROK
- 2017 ROK Midwest and National Champion
- Chosen by IAME to represent Team USA at the IAME World Final in Le Mans, France
- SKUSA Mini Swift National Champion
- ROK Cup USA Mini ROK National Champion
- ROK Cup USA Florida Champion
- Multiple National Wins: WKA, SKUSA, ROK Cup USA
- Ticket Winner to represent Team USA for the ROK International Final
- WKA Champion Mini ROK
- Multi-time National winner in Micro Max, Mini ROK and Mini Swift: WKA, SKUSA, USPKS and Rotax